Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 72 RS Prototype Hot Rod Build!

I'm not sure Bert. I'm sure someone has weighed the difference. The stopping power the 930's are simply amazing and my 3.5L will take care of any extra weight of the rotors.
    72S, 72T now ST

Great step in the build, looking forward to some color soon!

Antoine

Quote Originally Posted by TRS63 View Post
    Great step in the build, looking forward to some color soon!

Antoine
    You and me both! I'm going to paint the engine bay the same as the body color so you'll see that first and then the trunk will get painted. I've been sanding in the trunk for 2 days straight mostly by hand. It's not fun!
    72S, 72T now ST

I found more of the discontinued toners for sale on eBay so I had 2 more gallons made. We'll batch all 4 gallons together so it will all match perfectly. The new paint looks exactly the same as the older paint I had mixed up but we'll mix all 4 gallons together so down the road if needed for a hood respray, front bumper or something it will match perfect. I've also been toying with the idea of painting my 87 hot rod the same color when I remove the sunroof. Can't have too much paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    72S, 72T now ST

Fantastic! Great colour and great find! Look forward to seeing your continued progress!
    first ride - 10 yrs old in a 73 911S - Silver - I was done for
    Started 'playing' with them in the late 80s
    Started racing a 72 911 T built to 2.9L RSR in SoCal SCCA, PCA, POC early 90s
    Have owned over 50 long hoods from late 80s until 2000
    dropped out from 2000 - 2018 - due to life, work, travel
    Been building a 2.8 'RSR' inspired car since 2018 - 9111121235
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...1121235-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by dwa911 View Post
    Fantastic! Great colour and great find! Look forward to seeing your continued progress!
    Thank you! Your Blue RSR looks great!
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Thank you! Your Blue RSR looks great!
    Thanks! Very kind... I definitely struggled with green as final colour - signal, jade, chartreuse (linden), birch (lime or light), etc... so many great green colours... before settling on glacier blue... and struggled with all the blues... guess i will need to consider doing another one... Really looking forward to seeing how your signal green comes out!
    first ride - 10 yrs old in a 73 911S - Silver - I was done for
    Started 'playing' with them in the late 80s
    Started racing a 72 911 T built to 2.9L RSR in SoCal SCCA, PCA, POC early 90s
    Have owned over 50 long hoods from late 80s until 2000
    dropped out from 2000 - 2018 - due to life, work, travel
    Been building a 2.8 'RSR' inspired car since 2018 - 9111121235
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...1121235-a.html

Color time! I'm just loving this color! It has more yellow than Viper green and is creamier is probably the best way I can describe it. Like all the Signal colors and single stage colors it changes a lot depending on the lighting. Trunk is painted so here's some pics inside from my phone. Fenders and hood hinges painted on the car just like Porsche did. I did paint the engine bay body color even though it was black from factory but it's my hot rod so I'm doing it body color.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    72S, 72T now ST

Beautiful Scott, great color choice. I knew since you’ve been off the grid the past few days it must be color time. That trunk looks like it was hand-sanded by a way over-the-top detail guy….
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Quote Originally Posted by RTincher View Post
    Beautiful Scott, great color choice. I knew since you’ve been off the grid the past few days it must be color time. That trunk looks like it was hand-sanded by a way over-the-top detail guy….
    Haha, it's a stupid amount of work for a trunk! Doing a color change and protecting the original dash is a pain is the ass!! But worth it as you know.
    72S, 72T now ST