Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SSI goes online !

Marek, which distributor in the US will have these first? Pelican, Parts Geek, Sierra Madre etc.......? It's much easier for me to order them from US dealers. I don't need them tomorrow but will need them in a few months. Thanks, -Scott
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    MOST mistakes We see are people who ordered the wrong one, for there model / engine they got

I have been behind the scene at SSI for allmost 2 years

I most say the quality control of these, have been taken VERY serious the last years

something like uneven ports and bad machine work is allmost not seen , I even not heard of any problems lately

thats why , if any of you guys bought a set and it looks like shit , pls let me know asap

and just to confirm , if somebody have not seen all post in this tread from post nr 1 , these things are made on the original tools In Denmark

and have been inproved on many points over the years

Marek
    Marek,
    Appreciate your efforts here and engagement.

I am informing you my set is shit. Uneven ports and a tab put on upside down. Be careful folks, if you install past 60 days of purchase you are on your own (if your vendor is Ecklers or has similar return policy). Actually, when I bought these, I thought I was buying the best quality/option for my 911 and never thought I would have a "shit" set of heat exchangers. I opened them... 1 left and 1 right. Put them back in the cool bag.

I may be a one off, but...I would have to think in the Porsche world some of us order parts ahead of schedule knowing we will need those parts down the road as the process of fixing/restoring/building these cars takes more time than we anticipate. Especially for those of us that this is still a hobby.

[QUOTE=terry911t;1114381

I may be a one off, but...I would have to think in the Porsche world some of us order parts ahead of schedule knowing we will need those parts down the road as the process of fixing/restoring/building these cars takes more time than we anticipate. Especially for those of us that this is still a hobby.[/QUOTE]

I agree Terry.
    Same happened to me with my carpet set from Lakewell. Bought it earlier and put away from later install once car was painted. It was their shit product that they sent out without checking if the front mats were correct but now it is my fault my problem. They will never get my business again and happy to let others know what crap product/backup service they tried to offer me.
    S Registry#2021

Quote Originally Posted by mrar View Post
    I agree Terry.
    Same happened to me with my carpet set from Lakewell. Bought it earlier and put away from later install once car was painted. It was their shit product that they sent out without checking if the front mats were correct but now it is my fault my problem. They will never get my business again and happy to let others know what crap product/backup service they tried to offer me.
    Yup, stay away from them. Their stuff is garbage. Made the same mistake. On a more positive note. I ordered the carpet set for my car at the start of the restoration. Only needed it recently. Turned out that the passenger kickpanel piece for cars with a Webasto is different from cars without. Tony sent me a new panel free of charge and even covered the shipping. Class act. Highly recommended

Marek, you might want to check in with the guys on the 356 registry. Apparently there are some big quality issues with the Dansk muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Marek, you might want to check in with the guys on the 356 registry. Apparently there are some big quality issues with the Dansk muffler.
    This ^

http://forum.porsche356registry.org/...ic.php?t=53095
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Absolutely "THAT".
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Marek, What's up with the larger SSI's?? Ever go to market? Can they be purchased in the US?
    72S, 72T now ST

Brian Bodart of Rarlyl8 built a set of 1 5/8's headers with heat for me. The work is beautiful. http://rarelyl8.com/home.html
    The heater boxes are removable.
    Has anyone seen a Bursch system? Not an inexpensive solution.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111