Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SSI goes online !

I remember being in John’s shop many years ago, early 90’s, and he had a red 1989 C4 there for finally making larger pipes for larger displacement engine. Never happened to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    Who is your UK distributer please?

Regards
    Mike
    Hi Mike

Try Phil at TECH 9
    Design 911
    Tutthill
    Eurospares

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    Canadian distributor would be nice too!
    A hole new distribution network is in progress for North america and will be introduce very shortly
    BUT Restoration Design could for sure help you as they get parts fro JP group

Marek

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    So, when will you finally make SSI's larger for larger displacement engines??
    there is a 41 mm in process right now !

its not as easy, as you might think
    here just some random pics of the hole tube process only !!!
    JP group is one of the largest exhaust manufactors ( for your daily driver ) , so bending tubes, is not the problem

Once bended, the ends of the tubes are send to be milled , and just by changing the diameter a bit ( for the larger engines ) ,
    the whole process must be changed by the engineers with new jigs , tools etc , but once finish
    they are of the get washed , to get rid of all the dirt and grease
    then they get welded all together and EACH gets pressure tested, in the fish tank, for any holes to check

This is just phase 1 ... more to come

Marek
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
    Of course, there have been learning difficulties in the beginning, but many improvements have also been made since
    and the quality control on these is intense, before they leave the house

Regards

Martin & Marek

Can you share what improvements have been made? I think I got an early set of the JP SSI heat exchangers. I had a minor fitment issue with one heat exchanger hitting the time chain housing, but other than that, no complaints, but I had nothing to compare them to.

Neil
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Hi Neil

Well if its on your 73 cars no really inprovements beside they got more sportwelds now , there where nothing wrong on the version with a few less spots
    well when they just took over they had some fitting problems , but nothing serious that a skilled mechanic couldent fix
    I must say, coming in from the side as a "new" guy I must say , and what they tell me ,is the last 2-3 years they had like 3 cases
    I post more of the process later on ,where you guys can see how detailed the work is and how they test fit EACH

Marek

Hi Guys

Step inside a 3D tour of the assembly hall at SSI in Denmark

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=tjNibkPKZz8

I am sure it would be a joy, for John to see his old machine park, is still working like a Swiss watch

Remember to follow SSIexhaust on Instagram for the latest news and dont forget to TAG us on your build

SSIexhaust
    Last edited by Marek; 10-13-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Martin Owner of JP Group / SSI found a cool picture in his old stack

Taken in San Fransisco the 14 of August 2012, that was the official date, where he bought SSI from John Daniels

Picture is taken (and shaken :-) short after ,they both have signed the deal ,

He says hallo to John , if some of you guys ,are still talking to him, Hope he is doing well

Hi Guys

We got a 41 mm ready for you guys in the early 2021 ( febuary )
    We are doing some testing right now , we got a perfect fit, and we are happy with the result

pricing will follow in the new year

you are welcome to order by sending me a e-mail at early911parts@gmail.com
    and I will keep you posted once they are ready

we got a bunch off new SSI stuff comming in spring 2021
    so follow us on instagram SSIexhust

and I will offcause post ,the news here also for you guys

Happy hollidays and stay safe

from SSI- Denmark

Marek & Martin

That's great news. As soon as you can ship let us know. I need a couple pairs.
    72S, 72T now ST