Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SSI goes online !

SSI goes online !

Well its no secret, that I do some work for JP group from Denmark , the company that makes SSI and DANSK bodyparts etc

Our first thing, will be to go live on social media´s forums etc, yes I know what you are thinking, NO they have not been on anything up to date , so its new from today
    2nd will be development of new parts, quality control etc
    I will still make mine, by restoring cars, making parts and NO DANSK will not buy everything I make

But I will be here with the owner Martin , to answer your questions regarding SSI etc , and listen to what your guys are saying ,
    we maybe do not know the answer to everything, But we will do our best to have it

So please join us and follow SSI on Instagram SSIEXHAUST .

First some short facts

JP group bought SSI in 2013 from John, as he wants to retire
    All tools where moved to Denmark
    The hole production is made in house in Denmark ! so no china etc what people are writing
    AND the exact same tools , spot welders , stamp and pressing tools are in use today !!!
    The exact same stainless steel 304 is bought in Denmark so no cheap china steel
    Of course, there have been learning difficulties in the beginning, but many improvements have also been made since
    and the quality control on these is intense, before they leave the house
    many ask why JP group offer now a SSI exhaust .. well John was in the making of one , pics of his tools attached
    but he never finished it, so Martin finished it , using same material as the heat exchangers , as JP group own exhuast program have a different finish
    But Martin the owner and John had long talks of, what the future could bring for SSI ,
    So new parts are in the making

So this was just some short facts , and a few pictures attached

but Join SSI on Instagram , where we will show you all, the behind scenes and stories

Regards

Martin & Marek
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Awesome!!!!!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Very nice.

I remember John made a pass through the areas that supported "Detroit" after the downturn in the economy post sub-prime mortgage bust. He bought at least one CNC tubing bender and other equipment from shuddered businesses. This is the epitome of "making your own luck" by thinking ahead and recognizing opportunities. I enjoyed conversations I had with him but knew he was eventually going to get out of the business having come away with the impression he didn't like CA very much when it came to running a business there. Wherever he is now, I hope he's happy. Last of the nice guys.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Congratulations Marek and SSI!

Speak to you soon
    Porsche 935 DP1 Zirkelbach
    930/10
    Resale red

Porsche 911, 1971
    2.5L on Webers
    Silvermetallic

Marek
    For those of us who don’t use Instagram........would very much like to visit website for information ?
    Thanks and great little history on product development
    Regards
    Frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Quote Originally Posted by 71gold View Post
    Marek
    For those of us who don’t use Instagram........would very much like to visit website for information ?
    Regards
    Frank
    https://instagram.com/ssiexhaust?igshid=5ybtpfs8hmx4
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Hi Frank

Offcause I will do my best to keep you guys updated here on the registry
    and share some of the same stories I will post on Instagram

and if any of you guys have any questions, etc just ask
    BUT do note we are NOT here to sell parts direct, we are here to show that we are happy for your feedback
    positive and negatives ones as well
    but sales questions , you have to talk to a reseller , SMC , stoddard etc , SSI is only Business 2 busy´ness

Regards
    Marek

Quote Originally Posted by 71gold View Post
    Marek
    Regards
    Frank

Who is your UK distributer please?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Canadian distributor would be nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    Who is your UK distributer please?

Regards
    Mike
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

So, when will you finally make SSI's larger for larger displacement engines??
    72S, 72T now ST