After cutting away the pipes that guide the cables that operate the front & rear hood mechanisms, Jason needed to create various brackets to mount the GRP parts to the body and allow for the (new) metal indicator housings to be fitted. He also pre-fitted the rear metal RSR flares and took measurements from a real RSR to compare if the positioning was OK.

Since extending the flares was manually done at the factory back in the day, I believe there’s no two cars identical when it comes to rear flares, but I think these have come out real nice. Only thing left to do with them is to roll the edges to prevent future tire damage.

Name:  IMG_1118.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  137.4 KBName:  IMG_2877.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  86.1 KB

Rear shock reinforcements were welded in, as well as the front strut tower braces, but most time this month was spend on getting the panel fit right. I brought in the doors so they could be hung in and positioned too.

Name:  IMG_1181.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  96.6 KBName:  IMG_1183.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  62.0 KB

Although the overall look of the GRP parts was good, fitment is apparently always a pain, and it was no different here; Some of the bends were insufficient and thus sticking out from the body so fitting took quite a bit of time.

Whilst looking at the result, I noticed that the rear bumper was incorrect; All the pictures of real RSRs I’ve seen had two recesses just under the bumperettes for the double exhaust (megaphones). This clearly had to be fixed if this was going to be as per original RSR.

Name:  IMG_2857.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  82.2 KBName:  IMG_2871.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  57.2 KB