Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barn find 911 from Poland

Barn find 911 from Poland

Polish journalist and car collector Patryk Mikiciuk recently found a rusted 911. It looks like a butcher tuned 930 turbo look but in fact the VIN plate of the car show it was produced back in 1969.

https://spidersweb.pl/autoblog/porsc...tryk-mikiciuk/

Here is an article about the car on one of polish websites.

The problem with the car is the VIN number 119120692 indicates it should be a 2 liter engine car. The engine of the car is missing, but the engine number in the car documents from about 1996 matches a 2.4 liter engine! The engine number in the document is 6221466. Although the engine is missing we have a statement from a mechanic who replaced the original Kugelfischer injection with carburators in the middle 90's.

The car is a complete mystery. It had 2.4 liter engine and many visible sings it could be an competition car, but le the history in a secret in the moment. The owner thinks it could be one of Zasada's car back in the past.

Some of details are:

Have no idea how to properly call in english but the light covers are Hella SB19/SB20/SB21 ones. I was told those are rare ones used in competition cars. The lamps inserts are from a Polish bus from 80's

Front beam is reinforced with 2.5mm steel sheet and the towing hook is attached in the middle like in competition cars.

There are mounting points for a removed anti-roll bar and competition seatbelts.

There are some extra mounting points in the dash for gauges and probably a Halda.

The engine bay was rebuild for a bigger 2.4l engine.

Car had some major accidents. The entire roof was replaced with what we believe was a brand new factory part.

Maybe some of the members can help us to discover some of the history of the car.

Engine is from a 2.4E (Bosh MFI, no Kugelfischer, just to be pedantic) ... it looks much ado for a rust bucket ... clear, everybody would like to find a ex period competition car in a barn under tons of bondo and motor journalist are very good to create a buzz on the net for self promotion ... in that case, even if this is a Zasada's car, not so much has been left from the 60's ... good luck.
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    Engine is from a 2.4E (Bosh MFI, no Kugelfischer, just to be pedantic) ... it looks much ado for a rust bucket ... clear, everybody would like to find a ex period competition car in a barn under tons of bondo and motor journalist are very good to create a buzz on the net for self promotion ... in that case, even if this is a Zasada's car, not so much has been left from the 60's ... good luck.
    Whew...

Glad someone else took honors in being the killjoy.

The lotto mentality does wear thin.

Not so much rust. In the moment the shell is soda blasted, has a brand new floor and most of the bodywork is already repaired by polish company ABCar Oldtimers. There was a vote here in Poland and the readers decided to convert the car into RSR. But it could have some racing history, so we ask for help.

When in doubt, don't touch anything.

Do you have pictures of the car in the current condition?

Also, do you access to the Kardex of the car. This would be your best chance to know the original configuration of this car, and its first owner.

If I'm correct, 119120692 means:
    11: 911
    9: 1969 MY
    1: T
    2: Karmann body coupe
    0692: Sequential serial number.

Do you know the gearbox number?

The whole restauration process is filmed and listed on yt

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ1...nJAqNGHnsa47bg

I have to ask the owner if he has the gearbox.

No kardex. All we know- the car was registered in Poland on the 30 of june 1969. The next information is from 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Whew...

Glad someone else took honors in being the killjoy.

The lotto mentality does wear thin.
    You are a good teacher.
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

That is an interesting find. I have not looked at all of the Utube videos but do you know what colour it was originally?

the original identity of the car as a 1969T Karmann built one is explained above. My records show that a car of that Vin sequence was probably built in October 1968.

It is unclear IF it was originally a competition car or was turned into one at a later stage when it was an old used car (if indeed it ever was a rallye car.)
    However it is clear that it was not the Zasada car from 1972 that you were asking about on the other thread or most of the other ones I am aware he drove as he always had the most up to date and most competitive equipment and it does not look like a 1969T would fit that description
    However he did have many other Porsche rally cars and there were other Polish drivers in the late 60's and 1970's that drove 911's

I have photos and records of many Zasada cars but not many (if any) would fit this cars identity.
    It is obviously not the 1967 912 6177 KR
    it is not SE 8052 as that was a 1968 911L
    it is not the car with Zoll plates 528 Z 8398 used in the 1967 Geneva rally as that was too early
    it is not the white 1968 Monte Carlo car S C 9167 (also at 1968 Rally Tchecosvaquie) - that was a 1968 car 118 2 0433
    He used a white car on the 1968 Rajd Polski which may also have been S C 9167
    It was not S L 2265 which Elford used the 1969 Monte carlo rally and Zasada used at the 1969 Austrian Alpenfahrt and at least one other place: that was 119 300 548
    it was not the car from the 1969 Rally Poland S L 2264 (car #100) that was 119 300 530
    it was not SR 2971 which he used in the 1970 Rally Poland - that was 911 030 0950

He had a red car S J 3217 on the safari rally in 1969 that was described in the entry just as a "Porsche 911" but it is unlikely to be that.

It was obviously not the 1968 London Sydney 1968 car S H 7987 (11801174) or later cars such as the 1971 safari car (now in the USA) or the 1972 TAP car LEO ZA 29

there was a white car used on the 1968 Rally Vlatava by Stanislaw Dalka & Wlodzimierz Markowski registered WP 2040 and also used by Wlodzimierz Markowski in the 1968 Monte carlo rally
    that would be too early to be the car that has been found but it does give names of two other potential people who used 911's at that time in rallies apart from Zasada
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

I had a little telephone chat with Patryk and he ordered the Kardex, so hopefully we will have some more information. There was a moment i thought it might be Bien's car, registered 25-15KR, but i was told it was a SWB.

Hugh- in the moment i'm 100% sure Zasada's car from the Rally of Poland is 360 0001.
    Last edited by Kuba.Huminski; 12-19-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuba.Huminski View Post
    Hugh- in the moment i'm 100% sure Zasada's car from the Rally of Poland is 360 0001.
    Yes, but it was not identified as that at the time its identity was 911 230 0769 at that time - it changed identity after the crash in Poland when that vin was recorded as scrapped at the factory and it was reborn as 911 360 0001 which was initially used for internal testing purposes and was eventually sold to Stanley Palmer in the UK in February 1974 as per the attached invoice. A photo of the car at this time of its life is also shown

Name:  New Picture (2).png
Views: 1403
Size:  407.0 KB
    Name:  New Picture (4).png
Views: 1380
Size:  399.8 KB
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776