Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: @CL - 69 911T project - Grand Rapids MI

Looks like it has been relisted.
    For those who thought 25k would be max, it’s now at 24k.
    Here is the relisting which more pics in the ad.
    F0918BD0-B07C-4038-99ED-82F3EB161852.jpg61A62C56-BA22-400D-8476-5F69AD3C537B.jpg3B159239-0C91-4F21-B642-0E3BAF3371A9.jpg

that is more realistic.

an irish green LWB long hood would be a great little 911, especially if slightly hot rodded.
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

For the record:
    1969 Porsche 2.0L 911T Coupe
    VIN: 119120086
    Engine: 3281593
    Trans: -
    Color: Red (originally Irish Green)/Black
    Mileage: 55,000 (Claimed - indicated)
    Price: US$24,000
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

All. Came across this thread by chance, so I've just registered here so that I could discuss this particular car with the experts. I looked at this car in person last weekend. I looks pretty good overall, but I am in no way an early 911 expert - just barely a novice. I do know enough about old cars (Brit cars) to know that things can change with the cars over many years, and they can arrive in the present in a very different representation than when they were new.
    Anyway - the car is painted red. Tag on the drivers side (left in USA) door pillar decodes to Sand Beige, I believe. VIN indicates late 1968 production - registered (titled) in 1969. Not uncommon.
    So, the car is painted red, and painted pretty well, such that no real evidence of sand beige can be found. There is certainly no Irish Green on the car, and I don't think the colour code on the plate de-codes to Irish Green in any way. 68-8807-G is the code. I believe that was Sand Beige for '68 and '69. I see overspray on the colour code tag, and it's riveted on. So, could have been sprayed red. Glass out. Pretty good job to have covered all the beige.
    The car is pretty solid overall. It's mostly stripped out, so I could see all the sheet metal inside and out. Floors need replacing. And rockers. The one real problem is in the unibody section where the rear suspension spring arm bolts up to the body. The body has rust in that area. It's going to need some serious repair by someone who knows what they are doing. Fortunately, I know someone who says they can handle the job.
    I'm just nervous enough to wonder. Is this legit? Is it a frankenstein car? Wheelbase is 89 inches, so I do believe that it's a LWB car. Engine looks good and complete and correct. Interior bits are mostly there, and yes, the seats do look pretty tacky. Radio is missing. Who needs a radio
    So, should I jump, or walk away. What should I look for? I've done full resto's before. And, that's what I'm after with a Long Nose. I'm after a nice multi year project. But, I want to start with something legit.
    Not sure what colour I'd paint it. And yes, a built 3.2 or even 3.6 in it would be cool.
    Thanks for any thoughts.
    Dave
    Southeast Michigan, USA.

Welcome to the group Dave!

Unless you have an additional 50k to spare plus the cost of an engine rebuild (10+k), run. it's a 69T with a non matching engine. all done it will cost you a lot more than buying a nice driver level car.

~J~
    air cooled only

Thanks J. Good to know that the engine is non matching - thanks. That was on my list to check out next. Not a total show stopper - if I swap for a larger engine. Then, I'm into rat rod territory. Yes/no/maybe?
    Something doesn't seem quite right, and I need to listen to that. I feel like I'm trying to force a square peg in a round hole.
    So - the search continues. I'm looking for a numbers matching long nose 911. A project is fine. T, E, or S.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Hey Guys,

I'm the happy owner of this 69T, and got a kick out of the comments.

First off, those seats are available.

It was described well by Dave above. Needs floorpans, and metal work. It was very complete, with a lot of the interior already redone. The reason I found this post was that I was posting that the 68 engine that came with it (3281593) is available to someone with the matching chassis. I would like to get the matching one, 6195053.

It was in fact a Sand Beige car, not Irish Green. My plan for it is to do a Slate Gray, which should look pretty good with the red/black interior. I also have a 2.7 to put in it. I didn't buy this to flip, and is next up after my 69 912, which will hopefully be done in the next year.

My email is rkruzick@frontier.com if you have any leads on the match.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob
    Last edited by fishfan009; 06-30-2022 at 12:31 PM.