Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Blaupunkt Frankfurt Stereo Speaker Locations?

72 i have currently on loan for literature book project but here 73 accessories issue, listing Stereo.
    I have seen single speaker rear shelf in period pictures but cant recall where..dont know if two speakers were factory too.

Name:  BDD8D415-F77C-46F0-B997-2E6CFF980FAE.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  103.8 KB
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Adding photo of various speakers from 72/3 as they seem relevant here given it is about stereo; duplicate of pic in another thread . Some of my old blaupunkt vintage tat ....covers much of the 72/3 speaker selection from catalogue....now back in storage some are bnib nos and new cables faders.

Also got Becker 73 dated stereo pair to match my stereo Mexico Olympia but not shown

Attachment 500203
    I have a question for you, you seem to know quite a lot about it. Are these speakers correct for 911?

Name:  550421476_ce12bd48-5c1d-486f-b30d-753d5ac8cf7a.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  39.0 KBName:  550421476_21c19136-4a82-48c1-922d-42d6b2cf669b.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  39.0 KBName:  550421476_04a1b0cd-3d8b-4dab-b3b1-0d407b1ec7bd.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  43.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by enoz05 View Post
    . . . Are these speakers correct . . .
    I'm curious about the vintage of these. Are there any part or model numbers anywhere on your speakers?

Also --- have you considered contacting Blaupunkt?

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Tonger View Post
    Unfortunately I do not have a Kardex but I do have a copy of the letter from the selling dealership to the original owner and the radio documentation that I found in the glovebox.

I was under the impression that I there would not be any Kardex available given the year of my car? FWIW, it is not mentioned on the Porsche COA although I'm rather confident that it was delivered with a stereo radio given the warranty documents.

I have no idea how the looked when it was originally delivered. I am attempting to contact the original owner via mail to see if he might be able to assist me.

Thanks very much for the photos, those rear speakers look to be rare...

Attachment 369301
    Attachment 369302
    Question for the radio experts. Should the knobs in an early 72 have the chrome "ring" or be solid black?

I’m not an expert but silver ring is Mercedes. Black flat rubber for Porsche 72. There were differences to the knobs adjusters used earlier in the 911 era but plain black rubber long before 72. Becker all black different design. Becker Blaupunkt sold base radio units then sold different installation kits to tailor the basic unit to the dash of most popular marques and models — also a universal to catch all. Not just knobs but the chome surround face plates all ancillaries tailored to attach and connect ….clips cables etc. There was a kit part no listed for 911 with and/or without speaker. I have the original part numbers and even a nos bnib kit but generally these days the orphan knobs etc are offered FS loose by people who have what seems like an industrial scale activity flogging radio and ancillary stuff here and on other old car forums. Click ”new posts” view and you’ll probably see relentless blocks of FS posts offering and bumping such stuff on many a day.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 01-17-2024 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    I’m not an expert but silver ring is Mercedes. Black flat rubber for Porsche 72. There were differences to the knobs adjusters used earlier in the 911 era but plain black rubber long before 72. Becker all black different design. Becker Blaupunkt sold base radio units then sold different installation kits to tailor the basic unit to the dash of most popular marques and models — also a universal to catch all. Not just knobs but the chome surround face plates all ancillaries tailored to attach and connect ….clips cables etc. There was a kit part no listed for 911 with and/or without speaker. I have the original part numbers and even a nos bnib kit but generally these days the orphan knobs etc are offered FS loose by people who have what seems like an industrial scale activity flogging radio and ancillary stuff here and on other old car forums. Click ”new posts” view and you’ll probably see relentless blocks of FS posts offering and bumping such stuff on many a day.
    Thank you!!

This is my speaker
    Name:  IMG_5485.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  97.2 KB
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    I'm curious about the vintage of these. Are there any part or model numbers anywhere on your speakers?

Also --- have you considered contacting Blaupunkt?

There aren't any model numbers on the speakers