Hey guys,

I am working on cataloging all the fasteners found in classic Porsche vehicles. I have started with the 356, but will have the 911 completely cataloged soon.

Fasteners are the nuts, bolts, screws, washers and any other specialty fasteners (no other word to use there really). I call it The Porsche Fastener Catalog.

I record the data diagram by diagram. Therefor, as I complete the diagram I can assemble a kit that replicates the factory supplied hardware. I am starting small and working my way out, looking to introduce a new fastener kit every week.

As I have begun cataloging 911 fasteners I want to ask the drivers, enthusiast, experts, etc. which kits they would like to see available for early 911s? I strive to replicate the kits to factory specifications and while they will not read with original markings, such as Kamax or Verbus, every other specification will be identical.

I want this process to involve the Porsche community and also be based on crowed sourced information or demand. The more information I receive from fellow enthusiast, the more kits that will be available for everyone! My end goal is to have a complete Porsche Fastener Catalog, available for information purposes, but also a complete inventory of kits to build 356, 911, 914, etc.

The task is ambitious and the cataloging work is immense, not to mention the fastener work on the other side. I thoroughly enjoy studying these vehicles and after a life long lust of classic Porsches, I have decided to study the most minute hardware on the car! There is always more to learn and this project is adding some serious fuel to that fire!

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or notes!

Thank you,

Ben Brinker
thenewgarage@gmail.com