Thread: FS: @Hollywood Wheels/Amelia - '73 'S' . . .

FS: @Hollywood Wheels/Amelia - '73 'S' . . .

. . . ex-Peter Gregg/Brumos . . .

VIN = 9113300753
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?

'. . . In 1970 and 1971 Porsche Motorsports made a very limited production of 911 based race cars referred to as 911 st model. Approximately 18 examples were produced. Three as factory “werks” cars and the balance sold to privateers. Taking a refurbished “ex-werks” 911 ST rally car, Peter Gregg of the Jacksonville Florida based Brumos Porsche Audi Corporation, installed a 2.5 litre engine and took class wins at the Daytona 24 hours and Sebring 12 hours with co-driver Hurley Haywood. With this success and that of John Fitzpatrick driving a Kremer Bros ST to victory in the Manufacturer’s and Driver’s Championship in the European Touring Car series, Porsche Motorsports set an eye toward expanding 911 based race cars for GT competition. In order to qualify, Porsche had to satisfy homologation rules for the Group 4 GT class that stated that 500 examples needed to produced and sold to public. Production for 500 examples of the newly designed 911 Carrera RS was commenced in 1972 for the 1973 GT season . . .

. . . Unfortunately for the US consumer, the 1973 911 Carrera RS model was not offered for sale and were limited to European sales only. With Peter Gregg’s Success in Motorsports with Porsche, Gregg’s Brumos Porsche Audi Corporation became the ‘defacto’ Motorsports arm for Porsche in the US in the early 1970’s. Potential US buyers for the 73′ Carrera RS contacted Gregg in hopes he could somehow obtain via His connections with Porsche Motorsports. Gregg being unsuccessful in importing this new RS model told a very limited few clients he would build them a ‘race car’ as good as the RS using all factory racing components readily available to him in his Brumos Race Shop. It is believed that only 6 such Brumos cars were produced for clients. Each varied in its specifications . . .

. . . Offered here is one of these unique examples of Brumos/ Porsche history. Of the known examples produced by Brumos this is the most highly developed. This car was contracted by J.P. Ray of San Antonio, Texas in March of 1973. Base production started with a new off the floor 1973 911 S vin number 9113300753 complete by the factory on 12/15/1972. Specifications include the extremely rare 911 ST factory body panels, aluminum engine cover with 2.7 emblem, Brumos spec 2.7 litre racing engine (as used in Greggs’ GT car), gear ratio changes for 2-5 gears, “special racing” suspension, Fuch racing alloys . . .
    '

http://hollywoodwheels.com/inventory...rumos-porsche/

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Waiting for further pics and paperwork on this car . Probably going to bid on her , fingers crossed !

If anyone has any information please feel free to share

Who is Hollywood Wheels? Is this their first time at Amelia Island? Seem to have the bulk of the early cars for auction compared to Gooding.

Hollywood wheels had an auction last year at the Omni on Saturday afternoon following RM
    I went, mostly older American cars
    Seems they went after the Porsche crowd this year
    I will be there for all 4 auctions (Bonhams, Gooding, RM, HW)

BTW, am I the only one worried about the corrosion on the tag and shifter ??

Bill

I think Hollywood Wheels is some organization hailing from down here in S. Florida; however, I am not sure. They also have a claimed 68S offered, which I am pretty sure it is NOT. Without sounding overly critical... they really don't appear to know what they are auctioning perhaps.

Scott

http://hollywoodwheels.com/inventory...porsche-911-s/

Interesting Language from the advertiser:

For 1968, Porsche 911’s lineup remained pretty much unchanged. Although in the US the 911S was substituted with the nearly as powerful 911L, a luxury replacement for the 911S. The engine displacement for 1968 also remained unchanged, still at 2.0 litres and 130 hp on the 911S/L US models.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

what do people think this car is worth , they are estimates 400-500k I heard ?

FS: @BaT - Brumos-Modified 1973 Porsche 911S Coupe

Now on BaT . . . .

VIN: 9113300753

BaT 1.jpg
    BaT 2.jpg
    BaT 3.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548