Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminum 550 Spyder build

Amazing work ! If you need a new 550 wiring loom reproduced , please contact us !
    Exact cloth braided copy of an original.

550SPYDER1955.jpg

I've finally documented the origin cars of all the original pieces I'm using for my build.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

thats neat .... now get us some good progress pictures.......

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    thats neat .... now get us some good progress pictures.......
    Next week, me and Wray are doing a marathon 4 days this coming weekend, expect big things!

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

My wife took the kids to FL to visit their Nana so me and the dog went to Wray's to weld and shape aluminum. A very productive weekend, the rear clam shell is almost completely repaired from it's years of racing abuse and is fitting nicely to the rest of the body. Wray got all the fun jobs like shaping and welding, I got all the not so fun jobs like cleaning the old aluminum and using the cutting wheel. But that's how you learn, you do the grunt and let the master do his thing.
    Archie made himself right at home in Wray's shop, I guess he is used to coming to work with me everyday.
    The #10 made it's first appearance in decades, a little light sanding brought it out.
    Happy 4th everybody!

---Adam

Received what is hopefully the last of the metal we will need for this project. Bruce Kimmons made jigs for every part of the 550 so for some of these pieces it is a lot easier to have him make it, then for me and Wray to try and get it right. This is the inner front fenders and the surround for the hood lip.

---Adam

that should help a lot.

Such an awesome project this; it's great to see this come to life - thanks for sharing the progress Adam!
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

I continue to love this thread - one of the best
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

Brilliant and glad to see this come to life. I always wondered why the Porsche guys werent doint what the early VW crowd was doing by bringing back the dead cars. I look forward to seeing more progress and hopefully will see it in California one day.
    Phil
    69 Bahama T
    S Reg# 2753