Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The one I always wanted

Nice more details......
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

"The one I always wanted....BACK!

Tom,

I love the Mexico Blue cars, and it looks like your new purchase is in real cherry condition. Congrats on finding one like this.

This is the one 911 I have regretted selling in the late 90s...a 74 Euro Carrera.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Holy Smoke!

I don't think I could sleep at night, Gib. That's a knock out.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tom, That is one beautiful 74. Mexico Blue is one of my favorite colors. Almost as cool as Tangerine . I remember that car from my early days in PCA around 82-83. Always loved it and what a rich history it has.
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 914/4 2.8 ltr. (FTD winner 2008 Charlotte Parade) (sold)
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    1973 914/6 GT 3.2 "Crystal Blue Persuasion" (sold)
    2011 Boxster Spyder
    1973 911 E "E GO" Metallic Green

Oranjello will always be the one we remember for the peoples lives it has touched. Lost, found, reincarnation, more loss and triumph. The whole gamut of emotions.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    It's already been breathed on.
    Oh, do tell...

-- David

'74 911 Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Kaefer View Post
    . . . should put it on the scales and see how much it weighs. Maybe 2350 lbs as it sits? . . .
    Love to see those numbers --- + another thread, for comps . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...7canal+zone%27

People seem to be as shy about weights . . . . as they are about money, so . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Almost seems like the weights listed on that link are off. My 73 911 "Orangello" is 2280lbs. Light weight seats, no spare and 1/4 tank fuel are the only mods. Well, only weight saving mods
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 914/4 2.8 ltr. (FTD winner 2008 Charlotte Parade) (sold)
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    1973 914/6 GT 3.2 "Crystal Blue Persuasion" (sold)
    2011 Boxster Spyder
    1973 911 E "E GO" Metallic Green

Mexico Blue is the BOMB!!! Beautiful catch Tom! ..... and Gib, Wow! Track it down and buy it back! What a great look!

A friend of ours here in Cali has Freemans old Mexico Blue 74 with the most amazing muffler I've ever heard. I think Freeman designed it himself. I drove it and it was incredible. It's a show stopper with tartan seats etc. I had a 73.5 CIS MB car for a while that was eventually bought by Jae Lee in SD. I think it's Japan now.... Ah the Good Old Days!!!!!

Enjoy that car in great health Tom!!! Cheers....
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Thanks, Chris. I'd love to see the tartan they used with this blue. Have fun with the 6-GT; It's found a good home for sure.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111