Page 19 of 86 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

rear reflectors

Hi Gib,
    The 954 used rectangular reflectors in the rear bumper, the parts book only lists the bumper with the reflectors installed. Around the same time the Turbo used a rubber rear bumper deco strip with rectangular reflectors in it. I'm almost positive that the reflectors are the same. They are just a little larger than the 356 part.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

Ernie, I think you are correct about the reflectors on the SCRS 954...that's what John Esposito used on his SCRS tribute. I helped John find what looks to be the proper Hella license lights for the 954 on Amazon.com for $13.19 for a pair....they would probably be a few $ more if you could buy them from Porsche.

Amazon doesn't seem to carry the Hella license plate lights used on the 3.0 RS, but JEGS does for about $16 each...http://www.jegs.com/i/Hella/288/001386241/10002/-1

http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-00338906...se+plate+light
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 07-12-2015 at 06:58 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Thinking about putting the IROC type decal on the sides....
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

No more thinking...it's done. Some shots in the early afternoon sun, not the best, but at least one can see how the script looks on a car with bellows and impact bumpers...as compared with the Fittipaldi 74 IROC car in the same color..which was my inspiration.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 07-17-2015 at 06:30 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Another cloudy day in AZ...makes the light work better for pics. Old Town Florence again, but this time, the locals can tell which car company built the 70s sports car ...it says so on the side....
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 07-18-2015 at 06:01 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Don't you feel sorry for guys who only have a narrow body car to photograph....
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 07-18-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Yes, I do...lol...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Lars, I really like your wide body targa, and have ever since seeing it at the R Gruppe gathering in Monterey a few years ago.

Here is a shot of the Pinal County courthouse, built in 1891, so now 124 years old...and a couple more showing the wonderful restoration work the town has done in Old Town Florence.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I traveled to the park at the base of the Superstition mountains today...it was a cloudy day which makes for better pics. The Elvis Memorial Chapel, which has been restored since burning in 2004 when the Apache Land movie lot experienced a fire, is close to the park. It was moved to the present site by the owners of the movie lot, and now serves for actual weddings. Elvis starred in 'Charro' and the chapel was a noticeable feature in the 50s movie. There are models of a stage coach, barn, windmill, etc. sitting next to the chapel to enhance the tourist experience.
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 07-25-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    Agree, the factory 930 flares are one of the most attractive production flares ever produced.
    Up the hill in Prescott my 86 M491 is halfway through a full restoration.
    Finally found a good painter that is not messy, this guy tapes up everywhere you don't want dust or over spray.