Thread: '77 & '75 Turbo Look 3.0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonett43 View Post
    Gib,

I couldn't agree with you more. I believe these big port 78-79 3.0 motors are some of the best the factory offered, great power delivery, great reliability, and when geared properly, (and with some minor tweaking like the exhaust) they really do drive incredibly well. The CIS is reliably, predictable and easy to work on.
    I have to admit that I am also tempted to put Webers (or PMOs) on the engine or MFI to take advantage of the big ports and strong aluminum case. 250 hp is attainable with a decently done 3.0, and possible with single plugs as recently shown in the ESSES article on Steve Baker's beautiful 73T with a 3.0 PMO engine making 251 hp at 7500 with 9.8 CR, and DC60 cams. Jeff Higgins has achieved 250 hp with his MFI 3.0 engine (with twin plugs), and Rick Cabell converted a 3.0 to MFI in a gorgeous blue C3.0 a few years back which has also stirred my thoughts in that direction. Porsche was still using MFI on late 70s rally cars, and on the early 80s SCRS rally cars, so it would still be appropriate to use it on a 77 wide bodied car. And, there was the Sahara Beige 74 IROC car with HB MFI...

So, as usual for any of my cars, evolution is always in the plan and provides creative entertainment from day one in owning a NON STOCK 70s 911...even if it is a 'bumper car'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17